Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Best Friends Forever...

I was out on a jog yesterday and BAM out of nowhere, a name jumps into my head that I hadn't thought of since 1973...that's right, 19 fricken 73! Far out man, I am vintage.  Anyway, I digress, I won't say this person's name for fear they google themselves one day and end up reading this and freak out, but for the purpose of this blog, let's call her "Karly Parker" wink wink...


Anyway, all of a sudden I thought, "Karly Parker", oh my god, I remember that little girl, she used to live over my back fence and I used to slide through a couple of loose palings to get to her house because, even then as a 4 year old, I was a lazy little nugget...


I got to wondering about her and how she moved away before we both started school and wondered what ever happened to her. I vividly recalled swimming in her very groovy pebblecrete in-ground pool which I thought was WAY COOL because ours was only a dodgy above-ground pool which was green half the year because, like me, my parents were lazy nuggets too.


I used to love playing with Karly Parker and I was in awe of all her Barbies and the Ken & Barbie Van of awesomeness.  Even though I was only 4 years old, I remember thinking we'd be besties forever and we'd grow up and both get married and have nice husbands and chubby little babies and sit around feeding them bottles together, just like we did with our Barbies.


Well, my life couldn't have turned out any more polar opposite.  


I guess the photo was a dead giveaway really.






Me & Karly.  I still have knock knees, and she will always be, My "Miss World 1973".





No comments:

Post a Comment