Thursday, December 30, 2010

Favourite Songs...

I've been on a bit of a fitness regime since April this year, because my brother, whose 10 years older than me had a heart attack and, basically, it scared the shit out of me....


So, I decided to lay off the cans and hit the mighty pavement in pursuit of "the body healthy", rather than "the body beautiful" because, let's face it, at 41, you tend to be more concerned with the fact that your heart still beats rather than if your arse looks big in a pair of skinny jeans that you probably shouldn't be wearing in the first place....


What I didn't count on along the way was totally re-living all my favourite songs.  Every day, I just knock of work, chuck on the sneakers & crank up the old iPhone and I'm as happy as a pig in shit really.


I get totally lost in the lyrics of songs and I just daydream for 3 and a half minutes or so as I go on a journey in my mind of what the songwriter was thinking at the time of writing the song.....and then the magic shuffle man, gives me another song...and it's like groundhog day all over again...

What can I say, I'm easily pleased.


Anyway, today I thought I'd share one of my favourite songs to run to.  There are sooooo many, but I fricken love this song and it is even more special because my neice Katelin introduced me to the band.







Happy New Year Punks!








No comments:

Post a Comment